Saturday, June 11, 2011

Movie Posters

The original purpose of a movie poster was to help sell the movie. Now when I see these posters it's a trip through time. I can see the movie all over again. They take me back to the look of the movie and how I feel when I see it. The reels start turning.

Seeing the main characters perched on the motor bike sums up the lively feel of the movie. The vibrant pink background adds to their exuberant adventure.


What is amazing about this poster is that it captures the intense chemistry between Katharine Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. Their chemistry and verbal sparing is what propels this historical tale.
A movie from the mid 1930's. This was a glamorous distraction from the gloom of the depression. The fonts used on the poster relate to the art deco style and sophistication of the movies sets and the lives of the characters. Carole Lombard and William Powell are a glamorous, hilarious,odd couple.


Set in the 1920's. A romantic Italian villa in the enchanted month of April changes the lives of those visiting. Flowers, friendship and love grow in Enchanted April.  I see it all when I look at the poster. One of my all time favorites.

Mystical, magical or just a bit of larceny. Looking at the poster I can see all the life changes Max Dugan brings with him.


 I'll lift you up while you reach for your star. A tale of unconditional love. A mother and son, a woman and her favorite movie star go through life and its inevitable end together.

A girl who turns her world upside down. The bright, happy design of the poster reminds me of my favorite scenes and songs.
Movie Posters give us a sneak peek into the new and conjure up memories of the past.
It's all about the emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment