Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Muppets and My Week With Marilyn

For me the Thanksgiving holiday begins Wednesday afternoon. I take my grand daughters to the movies. The movie is whichever much anticipated family movie is opening.  In the past years we have seen Enchanted, Princess And The Frog, Tangled and a few others that have melted into the mix.
This year, The Muppets. We were all looking forward to seeing the Muppets back on the big screen.

It was enjoyed by all. Miss Piggy in a Chanel suit, Fozzie's special shoes and lots of musical numbers. What's not to like?


The 11 year old gave it an 8 out of 10, the 8 year old a solid 10. Favorites are Animal ( he is quite crazily charming) and we  agree  that Jack Black is  awesome.


Saturday afternoon I was off on my own to see My Week With Marilyn, a wonderful movie with an amazing performance by Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe. Michelle is luminous, vulnerable and completely embodies the essence of Marilyn.



Set in England in the mid 1950's the sets and costumes are wonderful. I could go on and on, I won't but see this movie. You may be seeing the performance that wins the best acting Oscar.


Marilyn Monroe photographed by Cecil Beaton 1956.

1 comment:

  1. I'll probably pass on The Muppets but Marilyn sounds like a winner. Can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete