Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New York In January

I was in NYC for five days in January. Here a few images from my wintry adventure.
The approach to the Queensboro bridge. I actually meant to be going west instead of east but the view of the bridge was worth the extra walk.The photo was taken a day or two before Mayor Koch passed away.
 
Once I was headed in the right direction I came to the Plaza Hotel with its wonderful architectural details. Did not see Eloise. 
Near the Plaza is the charming Paris Theatre. I saw the movie Quartet there, which is also charming. 
I walked down Central Park South. The view into the park was a wintry delight but the walking was a bit slippery. 
Heading towards Columbus Circle. Love the shades of gray with the green and gold. 
Columbus watching over his Circle. 
 
The hotel where I stayed is in Chinatown Lots of glorious Asian details and a very busy place. 
 
 
The police department building in SOHO. I'm trying to figure out if it is still used by the police department or if it has been renovated into residential spaces. Either way a beautiful building.
Being in NYC was wonderful. I had a great wintry excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment